REGISTRATION NOW CLOSE
This is not your usual tour of Batanes. You’ll be spending 4-days and 3-nights capturing the rugged beauty and sweeping landscapes of Batanes in the best light. Prepare to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to capture the first light and stay up late to see the islands after dark. Learn how to engage people and take home meaningful portraits during the Town Fiesta on the 26th of June. Get the angles right and capture amazing architectural structures. This photo safari will refine your skills in outdoors and travel photography so you can take home stunning photos that will make your friends and family wish they were there.
Learn Photography by Doing
Backpack Photography is designed as an educational photographic tour where participants can learn and acquire photographic skills in the field.
- Preparing for an outdoor and travel shoot
- Light and Exposure
- Utilizing Filters for better exposure
- People and Environmental Portraits
- Shooting Architecture
- Photo Critique
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advance
*Those who just wish to join the tour and do a casual shoot are welcome
Date: June 24-27, 2010
Venue: Around Batan Island and Sabtang Island
Fee (Updated March 30, 2010):
P 12500 (Excluding Airfare)
P 22000 (w/airfare if booked before April 30th)
P 25000 (w/airfare by May 1th)
Registration deadline is on May 14, 2010.
- Accommodations for 4days/3nights
- Meals, packed lunches, buffet dinners
- Course Materials
- Travel Insurance
- Any camera that has Manual Controls
- Must already have basic knowledge of Photography and knows how to set the controls of their cameras
- Sturdy tripod
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Filters (ND8, Graduated Neutral Density Filters, Circular Polarizer)
- Remote or Shutter Release for long exposure
Ferdz Decena is an award –winning photographer and blogger. He has worked with and contributed to a number of international and local publications like Seair InFlight, Mabuhay, Cebu Pacific’s Cebu Smile, Qatar Airway’s Oryx.
Oggie Ramos is a freelance photographer, writer and travel blogger. His works have appeared in several publications including Seair InFlight Magazine and Mabuhay as well as advertising clients.