Thule (tu-li), a brand from Sweden founded by the Thulin family in 1942, manufactures a collection of outdoor products. They made a name for themselves with their quality roof racks, bike carriers and automobile transporters in Europe. Thule also made luggage and travel packs globally. Their Thule Crossover collection launched in 2009 were lauded for its well thought out design and quality. Jake Bros Philippines, the local distributor of Thule is proud to launch in the local market the Thule Subterra Collection. After eight years since the crossover collection, Thule introduced a brand new collection for the savvy, casual and business travelers.
The Thule Subterra Collection
At the Thule Subterra Collection launch, one thing I noticed when we previewed their new collection, all their packs share the same sleek and simple design. No ugly interruption at the bag’s smooth lines. The compartments are really well thought out as they are smartly hidden and all elements, from the sleeves, to pockets are functional. Thule’s years of experience clearly shows in their new Subterra Collection. They know what they are doing and seemed to have read what travelers like me had in mind on what we look for a luggage or backpack.
All Thule Subterra Collection models are made with 800D Nylon material and comes in ember, dark shadow and mineral colors.
A Subterra for your Need
Announced during the launch are five Thule Subterra bags and luggage that are available in the Philippines. They are aimed for different markets and use:
- 23L Subterra backpack is an ideal daypack that can fit up to 15” MacBook laptops, has soft padded interiors and have a dedicated PowerPocket for powerbanks and even hooks to organize the usb cables. The straps feels comfortable at the back. (SRP Php 5,590)
- 30L Subterra is a larger travel backpack that brings the design from the 23L. The laptop can be placed inside the main compartment or the dedicated side compartment for easy access. (SRP Php 6,990)
- 34L Subterra is probably a personal favorite of the lot. The main compartment has a rolltop opening with magnetic enclosure. It also comes with its own pack cube to organize clothes which is a huge plus. There’s a side compartment for laptops and side zippers for the main compartments. Shoulder straps are quite comfortable as well. (SRP 7,990)
- 40L Subterra can be used as a shoulder bag and a backpack. It also comes with its own sleeve for laptop, tablets and PowerPocket organization.
- 70cm Subterra is a large capacity luggage that has 2 bags that can be combined as one. One bag can be a roller and the other one a duffle. It comes with Thule’s signature organization. A very versatile large pack.
The Thule Subterra Collection is now available in the Philippines. You may visit their branches at Thule SM Aura, SM Mall of Asia, The Block SM North EDSA, SM Clark, SM Cebu
Tripologie (3/F Eastwood Mall).
Follow their facebook account at Jake Bros – Thule Partner Philippines
Leave a Reply